Title: Distributed Organizing Director
Salary: Director-Level Salaries Are $7,500+/month (commensurate with experience and eligible for increase once every six months)
Benefits: Eligible for UnitedHealthcare medical, dental, vision plan with 100% employer-covered premiums
Leave: 6 days of vacation in the first 6 months, additional days accrued after 6 months, reasonable sick leave, bereavement, and paid holidays
Location: Kansas City Metropolitan Area
The Distributed Organizing Director is a key member of the senior leadership team and will manage and oversee the campaign’s national distributed organizing team, program, and strategy. This role will build, train, and manage a large grassroots distributed volunteer program to support our campaign operations. The successful applicant will oversee volunteer-led call, text, and community organizing programs.
The ideal candidate has strong organizing skills, is tech-savvy, is knowledgeable with predictive dialer systems, p2p SMS platforms, and has experience directing distributed organizing or volunteer-led programs, with a focus on volunteer empowerment and leadership development.
- Develop, direct, and manage the distributed organizing strategy, plan, and infrastructure;
- Manage the campaign’s national distributed calls, text, and community organizing programs;
- Design online and offline infrastructure for volunteer communications and management via email, phone, slack and other platforms;
- Hire, coach, train, and manage multiple junior organizers;
- Coordinate with the Political Organizing Director to build a community organizing program with an emphasis on localized and long-term infrastructure, and a focus on integrating events and relational programming among grassroots supporters;
- Work with other members of the campaign senior leadership team to develop goals that meet key objectives;
- Develop and manage distributed organizing reporting systems and metrics of success in coordination with the data and analytics team;
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 2-3 cycles of experience in distributed or field organizing program on a statewide campaign or organization;
- Supervisory experience with a demonstrated ability to develop, train and support employees;
- Experience developing, executing, and evaluating organizing programs;
- Understanding of fundamental organizing approaches and skills;
- Proficiency with VAN, predictive dialer software, p2p sms platforms, event platforms such as Mobilize America;
- Commitment to work collaboratively and respectfully toward resolving obstacles and/or conflicts;
- Ready and prepared to work in a fast-paced campaign environment and willing to be flexible with responsibilities over time.
Applicants should submit a resume with the subject line “DISTRIBUTED ORGANIZING DIRECTOR — [FULL NAME]” to [email protected].