Title: Finance Director
Salary: Director-Level Salaries Are $7,500+/month (commensurate with experience and eligible for increase once every six months)
Benefits: Eligible for UnitedHealthcare medical, dental, vision plan with 100% employer-covered premiums
Leave: 6 days of vacation in the first 6 months, additional days accrued after 6 months, reasonable sick leave, bereavement, and paid holidays
Location: Kansas City Metropolitan Area OR remote with relocation at a later date
The Finance Director is a key member of the senior leadership team and is responsible for developing and overseeing the implementation of the finance plan for a competitive statewide campaign. The Finance Director provides leadership and support to the Finance Department as they work together with the consultant team and other partners to craft a variety of disciplined, aggressive, and effective fundraising programs. In addition, the Finance Director is responsible for working closely with other departments and directors, such as the Digital and Political departments, to meet campaign fundraising goals.
We are looking for someone with strong fundraising experience, organizational and management skills, attention to detail, who is a responsive, passionate, and determined worker and strong communicator with a creative approach to identifying fundraising opportunities, and has experience working in a fast-paced environment that requires goal-oriented work on regular deadlines. The Finance Director will recruit, hire, and manage a dynamic team — we are seeking managers excited about building a strong and cohesive team.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Hiring and daily management of finance team; including executing appropriate tracking and reporting to monitor team’s progress to meet quarterly goals
- Working with the finance staff, consultants, and other stakeholders to set goals and monitor progress to achieving those goals for individual fundraising, events, direct mail, and candidate call time programs
- Developing and updating the campaign finance plan and cashflow
- Updating the candidate and senior staff on fundraising program and incoming revenue on a daily basis
- Leading organizational fundraising programs, including working with stakeholders
- Working with the Digital Department and online fundraising consultants to craft and implement the digital fundraising program
- Work with Compliance Consultants to oversee campaign fundraising compliance programs and systems
- Maintaining relationships with key raisers and finance committee leadership
- At least one cycle experience as a campaign finance director, or previous statewide experience strongly preferred
- Experience in political fundraising, finance plan oversight, fundraising event, and call time prioritized
- Prior working experience with NGP, Numero, ActBlue, PhoneBurner, Word, Excel and spreadsheets preferred
- Strong organizational skills, communication skills, attention to detail, responsiveness, and passion for the work
Applicants should submit a resume with the subject line “FINANCE DIRECTOR — [FULL NAME]” to [email protected].
Lucas Kunce for Missouri is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. Lucas Kunce for Missouri strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply. Lucas Kunce for Missouri is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, ancestry, genetic information, military service, veteran’s status or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law. Lucas Kunce for Missouri will not tolerate any such discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.