PAY RATE: $5,000/Mo (commensurate with experience and eligible for increase once every six months)
BENEFITS: Eligible for UnitedHealthcare medical, dental, and vision plan with 100% employer-covered premiums
SCHEDULE: Typically 60Hrs/Week: Mondays off, Tuesdays 12PM – 7PM, Wednesdays 9AM – 7PM, Thursdays 9AM – 7PM, Fridays 9AM – 9PM, Saturdays 9AM – 9PM, Sundays 12PM – 9PM; at times longer hours depending on campaign needs and project deadlines
LEAVE: 6 days of vacation in the first 6 months, additional days accrued after 6 months, reasonable sick leave, bereavement, and paid holidays
Lucas Kunce is a Marine veteran, Missourian, antitrust advocate, and Democrat running for U.S. Senate. Regional Organizing Directors will work closely with the Deputy Organizing Director to develop and implement direct voter contact strategies to recruit volunteers and engage voters in every county in Missouri. The largest portion of a Regional Organizing Director’s time will be spent communicating with the Deputy Organizing Director, completing projects assigned by the Deputy Organizing Director, and managing the daily performance of Field Organizers and Organizing Fellows.
Leadership and Management:
- Interview prospective Field Organizers and Organizing Fellows.
- Train and retain a team of Field Organizers and Organizing Fellows from all across their region with the assistance of the Deputy Organizing Director.
- Directly manage and assist in the work of Field Organizers and Organizing Fellows.
- Lead Field Organizers and Organizing Fellows in their work to support the priorities of the campaign; train and manage Organizing Interns, Volunteer Captains, and volunteers; and conduct direct voter contact.
- Schedule and conduct one-on-one or group meetings with Field Organizers and Organizing Fellows to invest in their skill building and provide feedback on their work.
- Report to the Deputy Organizing Director daily on the qualitative and quantitative state of their Organizing Region, Field Organizers, and Organizing Fellows.
- Support the overall strategy of Lucas Kunce for Missouri with a focus on grassroots and digital volunteer mobilization and direct voter contact.
- Assist in developing and monitoring trackers (such as an active volunteer tracker) to maintain accountability at the core of the program.
Other Responsibilities as Assigned
Skills & Qualifications
- At least 1-2 cycles of experience in organizing on local, congressional, or statewide campaigns or organizations.
- Experience using VAN and Excel/GSheets.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Capacity to balance and prioritize multiple projects.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Comfort with understanding and providing feedback on the difficult work of Field Organizers, Organizing Fellows, and DVC volunteers.
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds, one-on-one and in a group.
- Self-driven with the desire to put team success over personal ego.
- Strong grasp of contemporary political issues and current events, especially in Missouri.
- Deep and demonstrated commitment to progressive values.
- Experience recruiting and managing a team of volunteers highly preferred.
- Experience using miniVAN, Mobilize, and/or GetThru services preferred.
How to Apply
Please submit a copy of your resume to [email protected]
— — —
Lucas Kunce for Missouri is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. Lucas Kunce for Missouri strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply. Lucas Kunce for Missouri is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, ancestry, genetic information, military service, veteran’s status or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law. Lucas Kunce for Missouri will not tolerate any such discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.