Title: Digital Fundraising Assistant
Salary: $3,750-$5,500/month (commensurate with experience and eligible for increase once every six months)
Benefits: Eligible for UnitedHealthcare medical, dental, vision plan with 100% employer-covered premiums
Leave: 6 days of vacation in the first 6 months, additional days accrued after 6 months, reasonable sick leave, bereavement, and paid holidays
Location: Kansas City Metropolitan Area
The Digital Fundraising Assistant is a member of the grassroots fundraising team who contributes to several key elements of the fundraising program. The Digital Fundraising Assistant works with the Grassroots Fundraising Director to strategize, produce content, and reach goals on a competitive statewide campaign.
We are looking for someone with a strong understanding of digital spaces, proven organizational skills, and attention to detail. Applicants should be responsive, passionate, and determined workers and strong communicators with a creative approach to identifying opportunities, and have experience working in a fast-paced environment that requires goal-oriented work on regular deadlines.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Writing compelling content for emails, SMS, ads, and more that captures Lucas’ voice and includes strong calls to action;
- Coding, producing, targeting, and testing mass email and SMS messages;
- Maintaining and developing content calendars for email and SMS;
- Working with the team to ensure content is approved, without error, and scheduled on a daily basis;
- Contributing to content strategy by participating in brainstorms, team meetings, etc;
- Creating and drafting copy for ActBlue pages, surveys, petitions, sign-up pages, landing pages, and more;
- Analyzing metrics and reporting on performance and test results;
- Assisting fundraising team in processing and sourcing direct mail returns; and
- Various other duties as assigned.
- One cycle as part of a digital team, on a campaign team, at a firm, or a political organization, preferred but not required;
- Strong writing skills, with some understanding of effective theories of change and how to make a strategic ask;
- Proficiency with HTML and some CSS;
- Experience in campaigns, political organizations, or nonprofits could be preferred but is not required. This includes agency experience with political/nonprofit clients;
- Working knowledge of several CRMs as well as other major tools and platforms in the digital space, especially for campaigns — these could include: ActionKit, NGP8/EveryAction, NGPVAN, ActBlue, WordPress (just the basics), The basics (Microsoft suite, GSuite, Asana, etc.), and THE basics (social media platforms, etc.); and
- A commitment to building a healthy and collaborative workplace that cultivates ideas, builds people up, and meets people where they’re at.
Applicants should submit a resume with the subject line “DIGITAL FUNDRAISING ASSISTANT — [FULL NAME]” to [email protected].