Title: Digital Fundraising Assistant
Salary: $3,750-4,750/month (commensurate with experience and eligible for increase once every six months)
Benefits: Eligible for UnitedHealthcare medical, dental, and vision plan with 100% employer-covered premiums
Leave: 6 days of vacation in the first 6 months, additional days accrued after 6 months, reasonable sick leave, bereavement, and paid holidays
Location: Kansas City Metropolitan Area (can start remote until relocation)
The Digital Fundraising Assistant is a junior member of the grassroots fundraising team with a focus on email and peer-to-peer texting programs. The Digital Fundraising Assistant works with the Deputy Campaign Manager to strategize, produce content, and reach goals on a competitive statewide campaign.
We are looking for someone with a basic understanding of digital fundraising, proven organizational skills, and strong attention to detail. Applicants should be responsive, passionate, and determined workers, strong communicators with a creative approach to identifying opportunities, and have experience working in a fast-paced environment that requires goal-oriented work on regular deadlines.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Writing email and peer-to-peer (P2P) texting content that captures Lucas’ voice and motivates supporters to take action;
- Producing, targeting, and testing mass email and P2P messages;
- Maintaining an email and P2P content calendar;
- Working with the team to ensure content is approved, without error, and scheduled on a daily basis;
- Contributing to content strategy for email, SMS + P2P, ads, and more by participating in brainstorms, team meetings, etc.;
- Creating and drafting copy for ActBlue pages, surveys, petitions, sign-up pages, landing pages, and more; and
- Various other duties as assigned.
- One cycle as part of a digital team, on a campaign team, at a firm, or a political organization, preferred but not required;
- Strong writing skills, with some understanding of effective theories of change and how to make a strategic ask;
- Proficiency with HTML and some CSS;
- Experience in campaigns, political organizations, or nonprofits is preferred but is not required. This includes agency experience with political/nonprofit clients;
- Working knowledge of several CRMs as well as other major tools and platforms in the digital space, especially for campaigns — these could include: ActionKit, NGP8/EveryAction, NGPVAN, ActBlue, WordPress (just the basics), The basics (Microsoft suite, GSuite, Asana, Mailchimp, etc.), and THE basics (social media platforms, etc.); and
- A commitment to building a healthy and collaborative workplace that cultivates ideas, builds people up, and meets people where they’re at.
Applicants should submit a resume with the subject line “DIGITAL FUNDRAISING ASSISTANT — [FULL NAME]” to [email protected].