Title: Digital Fundraising Manager
Salary: $5,000 – $6,500/month (commensurate with experience and eligible for increase once every six months)
Benefits: Eligible for UnitedHealthcare medical, dental, and vision plan with 100% employer-covered premiums
Leave: 6 days of vacation in the first 6 months, additional days accrued after 6 months, reasonable sick leave, bereavement, and paid holidays
Location: Kansas City Metropolitan Area (can start remote until relocation)
The Digital Fundraising Manager is a member of the grassroots fundraising team who contributes to several key elements of the fundraising program. The Digital Fundraising Manager works with the Deputy Campaign Manager to strategize, produce content, and reach goals on a competitive statewide campaign.
We are looking for someone with an advanced understanding of digital fundraising, proven organizational skills, and strong attention to detail. Applicants should be responsive, passionate, and determined workers, strong communicators with a creative approach to identifying opportunities, and have experience working in a fast-paced environment that requires goal-oriented work on regular deadlines.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Drafting content for email, SMS + peer-to-peer (P2P), ads, and more that captures Lucas’ voice and motivates supporters to take action;
- Producing, targeting, and testing mass email, SMS, and P2P messages;
- Planning and maintaining a content calendar across verticals;
- Working with the team to ensure content is approved, without error, and scheduled on a daily basis;
- Contributing to content and acquisition strategy for email, SMS + P2P, ads, and more by participating in brainstorms, team meetings, etc.;
- Coordinating with strategic partners on email splits, swaps, etc.;
- Creating and drafting copy for ActBlue pages, surveys, petitions, sign-up pages, landing pages, and more;
- Designing graphics and/or gifs for fundraising purposes;
- Managing the merch store; and
- Various other duties as assigned.
- Two cycles as part of a digital team, on a campaign team, at a firm, or a political organization, preferred but not required;
- Strong writing skills, with some understanding of effective theories of change and how to make a strategic ask;
- Proficiency with HTML and some CSS;
- Experience in campaigns, political organizations, or nonprofits. This includes agency experience with political/nonprofit clients;
- Working knowledge of several CRMs as well as other major tools and platforms in the digital space, especially for campaigns — these could include: ActionKit, NGP8/EveryAction, NGPVAN, ActBlue, WordPress, Mailchimp (just the basics), The basics (Microsoft suite, GSuite, Adobe Photoshop, Asana, etc.), and THE basics (social media platforms, etc.); and
- A commitment to building a healthy and collaborative workplace that cultivates ideas, builds people up, and meets people where they’re at.
Applicants should submit a resume with the subject line “DIGITAL FUNDRAISING MANAGER — [FULL NAME]” to [email protected].