Title: Finance Assistant
Salary: $3,750-4,750/month (commensurate with experience and eligible for increase once every six months)
Benefits: Eligible for UnitedHealthcare medical, dental, and vision plan with 100% employer-covered premiums
Leave: 6 days of vacation in the first 6 months, additional days accrued after 6 months, reasonable sick leave, bereavement, and paid holidays
Location: Kansas City Metropolitan Area (can start remote until relocation)
Lucas Kunce for Missouri (MO-Sen) is hiring a Finance Assistant to join our team for the 2024 cycle. The ideal candidate for this position will be self-motivated, hardworking, and have some fundraising experience on a campaign, committee, or PAC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
In 2023, the Finance Assistant will wear many hats and will help with tasks ranging from developing and executing in-state fundraising events, to conducting donor research, assisting with the preparation for the candidate’s call time and other tasks as they come up. In 2024 as our team grows, there will be opportunities to move within the finance department as we grow out our in-state events team and call time/donor research team.
Below are what some duties and responsibilities for the role could include:
- Work with the Finance Director to implement a finance plan that achieves and exceeds the campaign’s fundraising goals
- Develop and execute in-state fundraising events, including identifying hosts, building host committees, drafting and sending invitations, creating invitation universes, managing internal tracking, and staffing events
- Assist in staffing the candidate and preparing memos, briefing documents, and other materials for the candidate
- Assist with the call time program by prepping calls, prospecting donors, and conducting pledge follow-up
- Coordinate and draft written fundraising solicitations, and track their metrics
- Manage the thank you note process
- Assist finance and campaign staff with additional duties as needed
Qualified applicants should have at least one cycle of finance experience. Knowledge of Missouri or Midwest fundraising is a plus.
Applicants should submit a resume with the subject line “FINANCE ASSISTANT — [FULL NAME]” to [email protected].